Materials Review Committee
TEAM Lab’s Materials Review Committee was composed of representatives of both California Tobacco Control Program-funded programs and non-CTCP-funded programs with expertise in tobacco control. All members had extensive experience in key tobacco control topic areas as well as in materials development and working with diverse populations and communities.
The group also included representation from:
- Priority populations (ethnic and sexual orientation diversity)
- Regional representation (Southern, Northern and Central California)
- Rural and urban areas
- Local, statewide and national levels
- Experience in the California Tobacco Control Program Workgroups
- California Department of Public Health/Tobacco Control Program staff and Tobacco Education Clearinghouse of California (TECC) staff (at least two non-voting members from each)
The committee reviewed newly developed tobacco education materials from projects throughout California.
Read more about the MRC criteria, roles, and responsibilities.
Past committee members included:
University of California, San Diego
California Smoker’s Helpline and Center for Tobacco Cessation
Nevada County Community Health
Tobacco Use Prevention and Education Program
The STAND Project, a project of Breathe California of Sacramento-Emigrant Trails and the SOL Project, a project of Public Health Foundation Enterprises, Inc.
California Health Collaborative, Chico
Tri-City Health Center
California’s Clear Air Project, A Project of Education Training Research (ETR) Associates
StAAt: Stanislaus Advocacy Action Team
County of Orange Health Care Agency
Northern California Center for Well-Being
Smokefree Air for Everyone (SAFE)
California Youth Advocacy Network (CYAN)
Project UNIFORM (Undoing Nicotine Influence From Our Respected Military)
California Health Collaborative, Fresno
Tobacco Free Humboldt
Fighting Back Partnership
City of Long Beach Dept. of Health and Human Services
Tobacco Education Program