Learning about Your Target Audience
Defining the target audience for your material is one of the most crucial and influential steps of the material development process. A great material is culturally sensitive, relevant, and tailored to the intended audience, so defining and learning about the target audience is a necessary component of developing a material.
TEAM Lab has developed a tip sheet titled "Learning about Your Target Audience" that will help guide you through this process. Some of the tips covered include:
- Asking Questions
- Studying Current Research
- Conducting Field Work
- Obtaining Expert Help
- Being Culturally Sensitive
You can access the "Learning about Your Target Audience" Tip Sheet here.
- Learning About Your Target Audience (October 2013)
- Creating Your Message (December 2012)
- Serif vs. Sans Serif (May 2011)
- Choosing Images for Print Materials (July 2011)
- Need help finding Low Cost or Free Images? (September 2011)
- Free Novelty Fonts (December 2011)
- Tobacco Youth Prevention--Key Information and Tips to Keep in Mind (May 2012)